I’m a little behind on my Mets news. But I’m ready to jump back in. As I’m writing this I’m listening to the Mets-Marlins game on the radio. I usually watch on TV but this team has become one that I can’t bear to watch anymore. They could get swept in Florida for their sixth consecutive loss. It’s gone from ugly to I don’t know what to call it.
Anyway, here’s the news:
- Oliver Perez is done for the season. He’ll have surgery to address tendinitis in his right knee. He stole $12 million from the Mets this season. I can’t imagine that he’ll be able to repay them over the next two seasons.
- Joel Sherman of NY Post writes about Omar Minaya’s horrible press conference announcing that Johan Santana is done for the season.
- J.J. Putz is done for the season after an MRI showed fraying and tearing in his right forearm. He doesn’t need surgery though. He left the team on June 4 for surgery and only appeared in 29 games this season. What a waste!
- Matthew Artus of Always Amazin’ asks the question that everyone wants to know: Why did the Mets keep pitching Santana when they knew he was injured? Artus says that heads need to roll over this and I can’t say that I disagree.
- Dave Singer of NY Sports Dog writes that several Mets bloggers were recently injured and lost for the season.
- Dave at Mets Lifers ponders the worst Mets lineup ever.