Of course, the big news of the day is the continuing feud between Ryan Church and Jerry Manuel. But there’s more on the heels of the Mets 9-4 win over Atlanta at Citi Field last night.
Here’s the news:
- Gary Sheffield says that he doesn’t expect to be with the Mets for the rest of this season
- Johan Santana was fined but not suspended for throwing behind Pablo Sandoval and then hitting Bengie Molina on Saturday
- Billy Wagner can relate to Hiroki Kuroda getting hit in the head with a line drive
- Dave Singer continues his assault on Jerry Manuel for his latest comments about Ryan Church
- Church makes it clear that he’s not impressed with Mets team doctors
2 thoughts on “Mets News Aug. 19, 2009 Church, Sheffield, Santana, Wagner”
So how many prospects do you suppose the Met’s will get for Wagner?
TD, I think that it all depends on how much of Billy Wagner’s salary that the Mets are going to pay. He’s due about $2.7 million for the next month and a half. Roughly the same as your salary. I’m sure the Mets would be thrilled to give him away for nothing if another team picks up his entire salary and $500,000 buyout for next year’s option.