Here are some links to review as we head into the last series before the All-Star break. The Mets are currently 3 games back of the Braves so a sweep would leave the Mets in a tie for first place in the NL East. I think any of us would’ve taken this position for the Mets before the season started.
Here are the links:
- There are reports that the Yankees are close to a trade for Cliff Lee but it’s not a done deal yet
- Jerry Koosman finished his 6 month prison sentence in Minnesota this week for tax evasion
- Oliver Perez made two starts for St. Lucie and left for Buffalo on Wednesday to continue his rehab assignment. It’s still uncertain if he’ll be in the rotation or bullpen when he comes back to the active roster.
- Luis Castillo could begin a rehab assignment in St. Lucie this weekend and return to the Mets as early as their west coast trip after the break. Many of us will be sad to see Ruben Tejada leave.
- The international free agent signing period began on July 2 and the Mets already signed two Venezuelans, Vicente Lupo and Leon Jackson Canelon.
- Carlos Delgado is still looking to come back this season and is open to signing a minor league contract
- The Mets are good baserunners