Here are the links:
- MetsBlog– Jon Heyman says the Mets aren’t considering firing Jerry Manuel at this time. If they do, Bob Melvin will get the call to take over the team.
- Daily News– Mike Lupica writes that if Manuel gets fired, it has to be Bobby Valentine that gets the call to come back
- ESPN– Bobby Valentine told Chris Russo on XM Radio that he doesn’t believe that managing the Mets is in his immediate future
- On The Black-Kerel Cooper sums up my feelings about this team perfectly. They’re a very difficult team to watch over the last week. Exasperating, really.
- Studious Metsimus– This is a good comparison to the Mets 1992 team. The worst team that money could buy.
- ESPN– This is a good article about Jeff Francoeur and his unusually good start this season. Francoeur credits Howard Johnson for the hot start that he’s off to.
- MetsBlog – Mike Pelfrey gives credit to Henry Blanco for his excellent game in Colorado this week. He went 7 shutout innings and struck out 6.
- MLBTradeRumors– This is the whole story about how Joel Pineiro didn’t end up with the Mets despite everyone (including Pineiro) thinking that he would
- ESPN– Rich Couthino writes a good piece about Jackie Robinson Day this week and it’s relation to the Mets
Those are the big stories for the week. Let’s hope for something better than the 2-4 record they put up this past week. Let’s go Mets!