Fred Wilpon arrived in Port St. Lucie today and defiantly told reporters that his family will be vindicated. He spoke to reporters at length about the Madoff trustee lawsuit against him and said that he’s done nothing wrong and the Mets won’t be affected by the suit. It’s the same thing he told reporters at his press conference a couple of weeks ago.
Here are the stories that are in the news from PSL:
- Bernie Madoff defended the Wilpons from jail
- Video- K-Rod arrived in FL and told reporters how sorry he was for beating the crap out of his girlfriend’s father at Citi Field last September
- Jeff Wilpon insisted that the Mets will remain under the control of his family despite the Madoff lawsuit
- Three guys started a website trying to crowdsource ownership of the Mets
- The Mets want to see Jose Reyes play during the season and are keeping their options open regarding a contract extension
- John Maine signed a minor league deal with the Rockies
- Howard Johnson is leaving the Mets organization after being replaced as hitting coach
- Donald Trump said that Fred Wilpon called to see if he would buy a minority stake in the Mets. Trump said he’s only interested in buying the whole team.
- The Mets beat out Yorvit Torrealba in arbitration over the 2007 contract that was nixed after Torrealba’s physical showed that he had a shoulder problem
- Mets lenders are getting scared and are starting to sell the debts for less than the original value